Information for THC Beverage businesses on Labor Peace Agreements

Minnesota’s Adult recreational use bill requires that a business producing Low-Potency Hemp Edibles applying for a license must have an attestation that they have entered into a labor peace agreement (LPA) with a bona-fide labor organization in order to be considered for a license and must maintain an LPA as an ongoing condition of licensure. UNITE HERE! Local 17 is the Union representing Minnesota’s craft beverage workers. We represent hundreds of workers across Minnesota in food and beverage production and serving, including THC beverage producers and taprooms such as Fair State Brewing Co-op and Indeed Brewing Co.  (If you are a business focused on products derived from cannabis, please contact UFCW Local 1189.)

To comply with Minnesota State law, we have crafted a standard LPA document that satisfies the goals of the statute, including:

  • Terms limiting labor organizations and members from engaging in picketing, work stoppages, boycotts, and any other economic interference with the entity.
  • Language ensuring an employer remains neutral toward a unionization campaign in the workplace.
  • Provisions governing access to the workforce by the union to ensure free and open communication without disrupting operations, as well as a card check agreement, which ensures the workers’ choice is respected.

There is no cost for a labor peace agreement.

For more information about entering into a Labor Peace Agreement with Local 17, please fill out the form and a representative from the Union will contact you to discuss the process shortly.